ODI World Cup 2023 1st ODI Match New Zealand vs India Match Details and Game Prediction

Jan 18, 2023

Spread the love

This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant

Because the ODI World Cup will be held in 2023, teams are placing a much greater emphasis on this format than they have in previous seasons. New Zealand, which also enters this series with a 2-1 victory over Pakistan, will be India’s primary focus after its recent 3-0 victory over Sri Lanka.

India, currently ranked fourth, has the potential to surpass New Zealand as the world’s top ODI team if it wins all three matches in this series. New Zealand will treat this series with a great deal of importance as it approaches the 2023 ODI World Cup in India to learn as much as it can about its players.

India vs. New Zealand’s first one-day international (ODI) match prediction and cricket betting advice for 2023. On January 18, 2023, the match will take place at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.

Team Previews for India vs. New Zealand India has won 19 of its last 20 home ODI series, with its last defeat coming against Pakistan in 2012-13. That demonstrates how difficult it is to overcome India in its circumstances after a decade of dominance. In addition, India has won 26 of the 35 home ODIs it has played against New Zealand, losing only 8.

The odds are a little on the low side because it is safe to say that India is the clear favorite going into this game.

However, before this series, India must respond to a few questions. This series does not include KL Rahul or Axar Patel, two players who have performed exceptionally well for India in ODI cricket recently. Ishan Kishan and Washington Sundar are likely to step in, but Kishan would have to bat out of his preferred opening position or India would have to drop Shubman Gill.

Based on what we saw in the series against Sri Lanka, Rohit, Gill, and Virat will be the top three, followed by Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, and Ishan Kishan (who can change) in the middle, and Washington Sundar as the all-rounder.

Mohammad Siraj, who took nine wickets in the previous series, will once again be India’s primary fast bowler. Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami, and Umran Malik may be the other bowlers in this match. In the previous series, Kuldeep Yadav and Umran Malik each bowled 15 overs and took five wickets.

However, they will be put through a more severe test when up against the New Zealand team.

IND Key Players: Virat Kohli, the former captain of India, is currently playing at a fantastic level. He is very at ease with his game and has scored three centuries in his last four ODI innings.

Shubman Gill – The young right-handed opener has seized his opportunity over the past year despite the difficulty of securing a spot in India’s batting lineup. On Sunday, he hit 116 of 97 balls.

Mohammed Siraj, a right-arm fast bowler who is 28 years old, had his best ODI bowling performance against Sri Lanka. He won with a score of 4-32 and bowled superbly all game.

New Zealand will be without Tim Southee and Kane Williamson for this series because they have taken a break from cricket. Tom Latham will lead the team in their absence. Williamson was New Zealand’s leading run scorer in Pakistan, and Tim Southee was their leading wicket-taker. This means that their senior players will be missed.

However, the depth and talent of the New Zealand squad should not be underestimated.

Henry Nicholls is likely to bat third, with Finn Allen and Devon Conway starting the batting. Allen will take the game to the Indians because he is extremely aggressive. We anticipate some fireworks from him, and the flat batting tracks could favor him significantly more in India. Devon Conway is also performing well, scoring 153 runs in the Pakistan series.

Glenn Phillips, Daryll Mitchell, and Tom Latham make a strong middle order, and Mitchell Santner and Michael Bracewell add depth. Down the order, Phillips and Bracewell will be players to keep an eye on because they can play attacking innings that can change the match.

Based on their ranking and recent performances, it is evident that the New Zealand team is impressive as a whole. It faces a formidable opponent at home and losing its two best players will not help.

Devon Conway is one of New Zealand’s key players. Since making his international debut in 2020, the left-handed opener has been an excellent addition to New Zealand in all formats. In this format, his average score is 44.46.

Michael Bracewell: The all-rounder had a great time on the recent tour of Pakistan and is more than ready to contribute with both the bat and the ball. During the games in Karachi earlier this month, he took four wickets.

Lockie Ferguson: The right-arm pace bowler Lockie Ferguson will lead the attack because Trent Boult and Tim Southee are not on the team for this series. He bowls extremely quickly and causes issues on any surface.

Prediction for Today’s Match: Favorite Team According to the prediction for today, India is the favorite to win this match. The following are the reasons why India is the favorite in this match:

Toss Prediction in Today’s Match Prediction The toss is going to play an important role in the decision of every match in this series. India had recently defeated Sri Lanka in the ODI series. It is difficult to beat India in home conditions. New Zealand has a lot of depth in batting and bowling units. India has a lot of strength in batting and bowling units. Toss prediction predicts that the team that wins the toss may choose to bat first.

Pitch Report and Conditions for Today’s Match The Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad will host the first one-day international of New Zealand’s tour of India. This stadium’s pitch is great for batting. The short boundaries at this venue will put the spinners to work. Throughout the match, the pitch will continue to be favorable for batting. Additionally, it offers spin bowlers some assistance. A total of 300 runs should be a par score, according to the live cricket score.

Today’s Match Weather Report The cricket game-day weather forecast for Hyderabad is favorable. We may be able to watch the entire game because there are almost no chances of rain.

Chances of Both Teams Winning Today’s Match India is a well-rounded, experienced team that has a respectable record when playing at home. India’s chances of winning today’s match have increased due to their strong batting order and bowling unit. The following is a breakdown of the two teams’ odds of winning today’s game.

New Zealand has a 40% chance of winning this match, while India has a 60% chance of winning it.

MCW Sports Subscribe
ICC World Cup to kickstart soon! Subscribe to MCW for early exclusive giveaway now!
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Mega Casino World announces Anrich Nortje as the newest Brand Ambassador
Pretoria Capitals announce Mega Casino World as Principal Partner for Season Two of SA20
Mega Casino World announces Anrich Nortje as the newest Brand Ambassador
MCW Sports Joins Gladiators’ Family as Platinum Sponsor for PSL8
MCW Sports - Ambassador
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter