Today's Latest Bangla Sports News | Sports News in Bengali | MCW Sports

Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 Edition Andhra vs Odisha Round 1, Elite Group A Match Preview, Probable Playing XI, and the Match Prediction

Dec 8, 2021

In the first match of the Vijay Hazare trophy, Andhra will face off with Odisha for the first match. They are placed in the same elite group A. The team from Visakhapatnam in the last season lost to Saurashtra in their quarter-finals. Saurashtra won the League in the 2019-2020 edition. In all list A matches, Andhra has played a total of 148 matches with only 49 wins to their name, a massive loss of 97 losses, and two no results.

The team is looking forward to kick-starting this season’s calendar with a win to their name by beating their counterpart, Odisha in the first game and top the list. On the other hand, while being led by Subhranshu Senapati will be looking to thrash Andhra on the very first chance they get and get an early lead on the tournament. This game will be a heated one and we anticipate seeing efforts from both teams trying to get an early lead on the league by beating their opponent.

Who will win in today’s Andhra vs Odisha match in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 edition?



India Test batsman Hanuma Vihari will lead Andhra in this month’s Vijay Hazare Trophy limited overs tournament and Ricky Bhui will serve as his deputy, Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) announced on Thursday. Vihari, who played a crucial role alongside Ravichandran Ashwin in India securing an honorable draw against Australia in Sydney last month, is not part of the national squad for the first two Tests against England due to a hamstring injury.

 “He is recovering very fast but is still not 100 percent fit. Just in case he is unable to become match-fit by February 20, when the tournament starts, someone else will step into his place as part of our Plan B,” an ACA source told IANS. The 50-over tournament will be played across six cities — Surat, Indore, Bengaluru, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Chennai — from February 20 to March 14.

Andhra Pradesh is placed in Elite Group B alongside Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Vidarbha and will be playing all their league matches in Indorembati Rayudu will play for Andhra in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.

According to an official of the Andhra Cricket Association. Anantapur District Cricket Association President P. Mallikarjuna welcomed Rayudu. A regular for Chennai Super Kings, Rayudu had quit all forms of cricket in 2019 after being ignored for the World Cup, however, he had returned to competitive cricket for Hyderabad later that year and also featured in the IPL.


  • Srikar Bharat
  • Ashwin Hebbar
  • Bandaru Ayyappa
  • Ricky Bhui
  • Dheeraj Kumar
  • CR Gnaneshwar
  • SK Ismail
  • Manish Golamaru
  • Nitish Kumar Reddy
  • Ambati Rayudu
  • Harishankar Reddy
  • KV Sasikanth
  • Shoaib Md Khan
  • Cheepurapalli Stephen
  • Pinninti Tapaswi
  • Vamsi Krishna


The team will be led by Subhranshu Senapati and Odisha will play against teams like Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir & Vidarbha in the Elite-A Group.

The tournament is set to be held in Mumbai. Before opening their campaign on December 8 against Andhra Pradesh, the Odisha team underwent quarantine from December 3 to December 5 as per the latest norms of the BCCI and also had a couple of practice sessions on December 6 and December 7.


  • Subhranshu Senapati (Captain)
  • Govind Poddar
  • Anurag Sarangi
  • Biplab Samantray
  • Rajesh Dhupar (WK)
  • Sujit Lenka (WK)
  • Santanu Mishra
  • Abhishek Raut
  • Abhishek Yadav
  • Sandeep Pattnaik
  • Subhankar Biswas
  • Debabrata Pradhan
  • Ashish Rai
  • Sunil Raulo
  • Jayant Behera
  • Pappu Ray
  • Subham Nayak
  • Bikash Rout
  • Tarini Sa
  • Prayash Singh
  • Thakur 
  • Rajesh Mohanty.


Match: Andhra vs Odisha, round 1, Elite Group A, Vijay Hazare Trophy
Time: 6:30 AM/03:30 AM GMT / 09:00 AM LOCAL
Date: Wednesday, December 8th, 2021
Venue: Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai, India


Tomorrow’s weather is forecasted to be sunny. The visibility is going to be around 10 km i.e. 6 miles and an atmospheric pressure of 1012 MB. The daytime temperature is going to reach 33 °c and the temperature is going to dip to 25 °c at night. It will be dry with no precipitation and cloud covering 12% of the sky, the humidity will be around 57%.


Without any doubt, the batters will enjoy playing at the Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai. The pitch has a lot to offer to the batters during the initial days of the match. As the match will proceed, spinners can cause a lot of disturbance on the 22-yard pitch. The spinners can rule the match, especially on the last day, as the pitch is likely to be dry with sunny weather. Meanwhile, the pacers can also enjoy some success due to the presence of clouds.


Odisha has an upper hand in winning the match today. However, do not completely trash Andhra as the match will be a close battle and we expect it to be a heated one. This will be the first match on both sides and the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 edition so it will be quite hard to predict. Our prediction however is that Odisha has a 51% chance of winning while Andhra has a 49% chance of winning the match.

Related Posts

India vs England warm-up match Preview 

India vs England warm-up match Preview 

In the lead-up to the highly anticipated Cricket World Cup, cricket enthusiasts around the globe are gearing up for an exciting prelude, the warm-up matches. These practice encounters, a total of 10 in number, are slated to unfold from the 29th of September to the 3rd...

OTD 2022: Jamaica make it three – ( Jamaica v Barbados CPL final )

OTD 2022: Jamaica make it three – ( Jamaica v Barbados CPL final )

Jamaica Tallawahs won their third Caribbean Premier League title in 2022, when they defeated Barbados Royals in the final on October 1, 2022, at the Providence Stadium in Guyana by eight wickets.Led by Rovman Powell, Jamaica finished fourth on the points table after...

OTD 1986: Martin Guptill birthday

OTD 1986: Martin Guptill birthday

Martin Guptill, a player that most Indians don’t like for his direct hit at the striker’s end during the semi-final of the ODI World Cup 2019, is not just the fielder that every captain would want to have in his side, but has been one of the most ferocious strikers of...

MCW Sports Over 40s Cricket Global Cup 2023
MCW Sports Subscribe
MCW Sports Joins Gladiators’ Family as Platinum Sponsor for PSL8
MCW Sports - Ambassador
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter